MEL-ROL waterproofing system is a flexible, versatile, dependable, bituminous, roll-type waterproofing membrane. It is composed of a nominally 56 mil thick layer of polymeric waterproofing membrane on a heavy duty, four-mil thick, cross-laminated polyethylene carrier film. The two components are laminated together under strict quality-controlled production procedures.
A handy overlap guideline is printed 2 ½” (63.5 mm) in from the material edge on each side to assure proper overlap coverage and to assist in maintaining a straight application. Special exposed polymeric membrane strips are provided on both sides for positive membrane-to-membrane adhesion in the overlap area. The membrane strips are protected by a pull-off release strip. All components of the MEL-ROL waterproofing system work together to provide a cost-effective, positive waterproofing system that’s quick and easy to apply.
MEL-ROL waterproofing system provides a cost-effective answer to properly waterproof foundations, vertical walls, and below-grade floors in residential and commercial construction. It is equally effective for use as between-the-slab waterproofing on plaza decks, parking decks, and structural slabs. Use it as a waterproofing membrane to isolate mechanical and electronic rooms, laboratories, kitchens, and bathrooms. MEL-ROL offers positive protection when “wrapped around” major rapid transit, vehicular, utility, and pedestrian tunnel projects. MEL-ROL can also be used on insulated concrete forms (ICF).
Installation of PROTECTION COURSE from W. R. MEADOWS is recommended before backfilling. MEL-ROL can also be used with drainage boards when specified.
- Provides cost-effective, flexible, versatile, dependable, positive waterproofing protection against damaging moisture migration and the infiltration of free water.
- Offers a quick and easy-to-apply system for maximum productivity.
- Special membrane-to-membrane adhesion provides additional overlap security.
- Meets or exceeds the test requirements of all currently applicable specifications.
- Components work together for positive waterproofing protection.
- Handles with ease on the jobsite.
- Available in a low temperature version for use when air and surface temperatures are between 20° F (-7° C) and 60° F (16° C). An extra-low temp version is also available, ideal for application in extra-low temperatures down to 0º F (-18º C).