MasterKure ER 50 reduces surface moisture evaporation from freshly placed concrete, especially in rapid-drying conditions, such as high concrete surface or ambient temperatures, low humidity, high winds, direct sunlight, or work in heated interiors during cold weather. Recommended uses: Concrete surfaces where the evaporation rate exceeds the bleed rate, Air-entrained and non-air-entrained concrete, Silica-fume concrete, Concrete containing fly ash.
- Does not affect concrete strength (early and ultimate), abrasion resistance, and durability
- Reduces or eliminates crusting, stickiness, and underlying sponginess resulting in a consistent surface
- Reduces surface moisture evaporation approximately 80% in wind and approximately 40% in sunlight to reduce plastic shrinkage cracking and wind crusting
- Allows reduced slump and water content in concrete to facilitate proper hydration of high-strength mixes
- Facilitates the use of air-entrained concrete to make air entrainment possible in rapid-drying conditions
- Prolongs surface plasticity for longer working time in hot, dry, or windy conditions
Formally known as Confilm