Barriseal-R is a water-based asphalt emulsion modified with a blend of synthetic polymers and special additives. Barriseal-R is formulated to a thick consistency, so it will hang easily on vertical surfaces at high thickness. Barriseal-R is often used as an accessory product in the Barriseal-S spray-applied air & vapor barrier system. Barriseal-R can also be used as the principle membrane, and by itself performs as an air barrier, vapor barrier and waterproof membrane. Barriseal-R is applied by roller or brush, to achieve a nominal 0.040" (40-mil) dry film thickness. Barriseal-R can be applied over concrete block, concrete, exterior gypsum sheathing, foam insulation board, plywood, OSB and many other common building materials. The product is fully adhered to the substrate, flexible and rubber-like. The high fi lm thickness and flexible, elastic properties enable Barriseal-R to bridge cracks and seal around penetrations, which creates a truly continuous, monolithic air, vapor and water barrier.
Features and Benefits:
- 1-part, cold-applied, roller installation – simple procedure with no special tools or equipment
- Effectively coats rough & porous surfaces
- High water resistance of cured membrane permits use in high moisture exposure areas
- Non-flammable & fume-free composition provides safe installation
- Monolithic coverage & self-sealing properties provide an air- and water-tight installation around fasteners
- Barriseal-R is a warranted air/vapor barrier system from Carlisle Coatings & Waterproofing